Today we’d like to introduce you to Kaedi Bowers.
Thanks for sharing your story with us Kaedi. So, let’s start at the beginning and we can move on from there.
Born in West Palm Beach, Florida, I was brought up in an environment surrounded by hard workers and dedicated people. This ambience helped me to create qualities in myself. I am a former basketball player which led to my interest in personal training. However, it wasn’t until after I stopped playing sports that I became a health coach. Thus, my father was a diabetic and dialysis patient. In addition, my mother struggled with obesity my entire life. This created strong desire inside of me to break the cycle of these types of health conditions in my family. In fact, in 2016 I became a certified Master Personal Trainer. Becoming a Personal Trainer was a huge accomplishment. Actually, a dream come true. I was able to work at a corporate gym called LA Fitness and independently. I have acquired knowledge about the body through my experience as a Personal Trainer. For instance, I carefully coached clients in exercises that helped their individual physical limitations such as arthritis, spine curvature disorder, tendinitis. In addition, I’ve developed a dynamic fitness program and brand called KFQ FITNESS that improves clients overall physical health. My vision is to help women and men who struggle with weight management and or other physical health conditions become the healthiest versions of themselves.
Has it been a smooth road?
No, it has not been a smooth road. However, the process has been worth it. Through the process, I’ve learned that fitness is a journey. For instance, before I became a personal trainer, I had to change my lifestyle. I hung out with unhealthy people, I was an athlete with a bad diet, and my mindset was very negative. Ultimately, this lifestyle blocked me from reaching my fullest potential. I had to change from the inside to out. As I started those changes, I began to dig up my family’s heath history such as my father being a diabetic and mother struggling with obesity. Initially, this was a huge struggle to face then it fueled the desire to end the cycle in my family.
The advice I can give to young women starting their fitness journey is to take these 5 steps:
1. Internal change, speak life to the places inside of yourself that holds you back from reaching your goals.
5. The advice I can give to young women starting their fitness journey is to live by the scripture 2 Timothy 1:7 “For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind”. In addition, take these 5 steps towards your fitness journey:
6. 1. Internal change, speak life in the places inside of yourself that’s holds you back from reaching your goals.
2. Lifestyle, renew your commitment to a healthy lifestyle
3. Nutrition, these nutrients known to be essential for human beings are proteins, carbohydrates, fats and oils, minerals, vitamins and water
4. Workout, at least 30mins- hour a day setting attainable goals each session.
5. Influence, share your journey, tell a friend or family member because your journey could motivate someone else.
So, let’s switch gears a bit and go into KFQ FITNESS story. Tell us more about the business.
I specialize in high intensity training. As a brand I am most proud of the impact I make on my clients through training and my content on social media. I love how my workout videos make people smile, laugh, or want to become the healthiest versions of themselves. What sets me apart from others is the genuine passion I have to help others. When my clients walk in the gym for a session, they get a hug or some form of motivation before the session even starts to let them know I care and we’re a team. In addition, I train my clients like athletes. At the end of their program they understand what there are capable of inside the gym and out.
Do you have a lesson or advice you’d like to share with young women just starting out?
The most important piece of advice I can give to a young woman just starting her career is to understand your WHY. For instance, what is the purpose that drives you? Once you understand your why then you’ll be able to figure out ways to grow in your industry. For example, you may find your niche, what type of clientele you want, and how you could serve more people with your specialty.
- 6 sessions monthly + meal plan: $210
- 8 sessions monthly + meal plan: $280
- 12 sessions monthly + meal plan: $360
- 1-6 people Group Training: $25/session
- Booty Goals Bootcamp: $15
- Address: Atlanta GA
- Phone: 5619081653
- Email: email@example.com
- Instagram: Kaedifitqueen
- Facebook: Kaedifitqueen
- Twitter: Kaedifitqueen