Today we’d like to introduce you to Hank McClarty.
So, before we jump into specific questions about the practice, why don’t you give our readers a few quick bullet points about you and your story.
● I have been an intense goal-setter since a young age.
● My goal setting allowed me to achieve a football scholarship to Auburn.
● After college, I discovered that I was really good at serving clients, which lead to a prestigious financial services career.
● I soon started to receive recognition, success, and wealth as one of the youngest and best in the financial industry.
● I was exactly where I wanted to be, but I started to believe the hype.
● I recast my vision — away from success and toward significance.
● This vision created Gratus Capital, a Top 100 wealth management firm in the US founded on the principles of gratitude and humility.
Alright, so let’s dig a little deeper into the story – has it been an easy path overall and if not, what were the challenges you’ve had to overcome?
The moment I started to “drink the Hank Kool-Aid” and believe I was as great as the press coverage said I was, my world collapsed. I used these missteps as motivation to come back bigger and better. While most entrepreneurs claim to embrace failure, my struggles laid the groundwork for the person, father, and Founder and CEO I am today.
We’ve been impressed with Gratus Capital, but for folks who might not be as familiar, what can you share with them about what you do and what sets you apart from others?
Gratus is composed of team members that are motivated by clients’ best interests, pursuing their goals with tenacity and humility. We make sure that all of our clients know they were appreciated. And, equally important, we always make sure that clients received value through solid and supportive advice.
Since 2005, Gratus has served as a grateful steward to our clients, helping them – through thoughtful guidance and hands-on advice – make the most of their journey.
We focus on you.
Our commitment to stewarding your wealth goes well beyond our fiduciary responsibility to invest in your best interest. Our moral compass, compassion, and gratitude – along with years of investment experience – direct our decisions so that you can take comfort in knowing we are on your side.
We own it.
Accountable and transparent, we take ownership of issues big and small so that you do not have to worry.
We listen and answer.
We establish a foundation for solid and responsive relationships through education, understanding, and engagement.
We anticipate proactively.
We are action-oriented. We believe that well done is better than well said. We actively listen and collaborate to help keep your goals on the right track.
We educate to empower.
From an overview of the markets to a micro view of the underlying investments in your portfolio, we provide insight and information to help inform your choices.
We go beyond the point person.
We get to know not only you but also all your stakeholders so that everyone can feel informed, engaged, and comfortable.
We are humbled.
We take pride in knowing that the industry and our clients appreciate our commitment to doing what’s right.
Forbes Top 100 Wealth Advisors in America (2016 – 2021)
Forbes Top Independent RIA in GA (2021)
Atlanta Business Chronicle “25 Largest Financial Planning and Advisory Firms” (2021)
Net promoter score 89
Are there any apps, books, podcasts, blogs or other resources you think our readers should check out?
● Extreme Ownership by Jocko Willink
● Jocko Willink podcast
● Ben Greenfield Fitness podcast
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: gratuscapital.com
- Instagram: instagram.com/hankatlanta
- Youtube: www.youtube.com/channel/UCdHAEIC48higTMHOemQU2FQ/videos