Today we’d like to introduce you to Alana Sanders.
Featured on CNN, NBC, BET and other networks… Alana always had a love for fitness but going into the industry as an instructor started 5 years ago.
After the closing of a University where she was a Business Chair and Full-Time Professor, she had to do something with her time. During her downtime, she started taking out more time for herself and participating in dance fitness classes; sometimes two to three times a day. While participating in various fitness classes, she constantly heard her fellow fitness enthusiast state, she should be teaching. After being pushed by her sister and friends, Alana decided to become a licensed fitness instructor. Who would have thought that this was her purpose and would become her passion?
Teaching a notable dance fitness format, Alana always added her own flavor. Her classes range from 55-100 students 4 to 5 times a week. She listened to the needs of her students and how they wanted to see their bodies transform; they loved the art of dance fitness but want to experience more without removing the fun they were constantly having in class. Having a background in dance, Alana was aware of what dance moves isolated the muscle in certain areas of the body. From having original music and mixes while serenading her students, (Yes, she sang to them while dancing) the Nationally Accredited Dance Fitness Toning program, “Get Pulsed®” was birth with Instructors teaching the program nationwide.
This summer Alana will be releasing her first Dance Fitness DVD to the world and filming with the SCW Fitness OnDemand program. She was encouraged to enter the SCW Fitness Idol Competition, where she presented Get Pulsed. From that encouragement, she became the 2016 Fitness Idol Winner and a National Fitness presenter teaching professionals the art of Dance Fitness, Social Media Marketing and starting their own business. She is also a professional development provider for the Nationally accredited fitness licensing companies, AFAA and NASM. Alana Also teaches the youth and adults how to become entrepreneurs through her KIDpreneur and Business Start-up workshops.
She is always thinking about others, Alana presented to the State Representatives of Georgia which included Representatives, Valencia Stovall, and Doreen Carter, that fitness professional needed to be recognized for their works. In March, the House of Representative presented a proclamation to the Fitness Professionals of Georgia for their hard work and dedication. March 28th will mark a day that is set aside to recognize fitness professionals across the State of Georgia. Thanks to Alana, this day was marked in the books.
Has it been a smooth road?
Within any business, there will be times where you have to deal with issues that may become frustrating but we have to push through them., Fitness professionals have a job to do. No matter how we are feeling our emotions are removed at that moment to make our students the priority. Fit Pros save lives to improve the health and wellness aspect of our students. In the fitness industry, my goal is to make fitness fun; showing the student they can do it; and that its ok to do at a pace that is comfortable.
In this industry, the main quality that should be possessed is compassion. Everyone’s struggle towards living a healthy lifestyle is different. The next quality is patience. An instructor should not give up on those that may not progress in the beginning. Fit Pros should always show that they care about their students’ health and constantly motivating them to the finish line. My success comes from remembering that I am providing a service and it’s not about me and any point. I’m aware of my purpose in life and walking in it; moving towards the mark.
So, as you know, we’re impressed with Get Pulsed– tell our readers more, for example what you’re most proud of as a company and what sets you apart from others.
In short, #GetPulsed is a Fitness but has also become a viral term used to motivate those who are into fitness or starting their journey into a healthier and fit lifestyle along with incorporating dance and toning into the program. A Nationally Accredited and Recognized format that involves:
- Cardio – Get your heart rate up! Move your body and have fun doing it! #GetPulsed!
- Weights- Safely utilizing weights and dance allows the student to tone while having fun. Lighter weights and repetition gives them the toned body they aspire in one setting.
ABOUT THE GET PULSED® PROGRAM:
- Choreography: The steps are easy to follow and allow the students to feel like they are a part of a fitness party that motivates them to keep moving. It’s a highly intense atmosphere that burns at least 800 or more calories.
- The Music: The customized music designed for the program fits every move in the routine which identifies the move with the music.
- Move with Ease: Not only the veteran dancer but those that are new to the program can follow with ease, especially with the instruction of them licensed/trained instructor.
- Results: The cardio-based program tones the body while the participants achieve the desired goal for their body and health. The program also focuses on building endurance while sculpting the body.
Get Pulsed® incorporates moves into the program that tones the body or utilizing weights to coincide with the moves/routines that are safe while dancing.
Let’s touch on your thoughts about our city – what do you like the most and least?
The great thing about Atlanta is that if you take the “Ts” out of the word, it spells, “Alana.” (Laughing) Seriously, there are many great opportunities for all those that believe in their dreams. Atlanta provides plenty of room for everyone to be successful. What is least liked about Atlanta is that people crave success so badly that they sometimes forget that if it is meant for you, no one can steal your opportunity or your talents. You don’t have to do anything out your character to reach your goals. Just focus on you and the growth that is needed to reach success.
- Become a Get Pulsed Instructor $99-250 register at www.GetPulsed.com
- Get Pulsed Dance Fitness DVD, “Pulse Me Baby” $19.99 order at PulseUniversity.com
- International Fitness Party “Fitness on the Beach” August 12th $20 www.InternationalFitnessParty.com
- Website: www.GetPulsed.com
- Phone: (323) 834-8590
- Email: Fitness@GetPulsed.com
- Instagram: @AlanaSanders
- Facebook: @AlanaSanders
- Twitter: @AlanaSanders
- Yelp: @GetPulsed
- Other: www.PulseUniversity.com