Today we’d like to introduce you to Monique Bryan.
Monique, please share your story with us. How did you get to where you are today?
I’m an executive producer of personal brands. What does that mean? I show you how to create a cohesive message at every touchpoint of your brand. From what you say to how you look; I help you align your authentic self with the opportunities and clients you want to have. What’s my story? I have a BA in fashion design, three start-ups under my belt (so I know a little bit about the entrepreneurship life) and I’ve developed programming in partnership with companies throughout Asia and exciting global brands like PayPal, Burberry, and Toms Shoes.
In 2017, I discovered a lump in my left breast that changed my life forever. I underwent eight rounds of chemotherapy, 21 rounds of radiation, and went through what was the toughest time in my life. I documented the entire journey on my blog, “Surprise, It’s Cancer!” and was later featured in Entrepreneur Magazine in October 2018. I learned how knowing how to lean into your story is the key to building an authentic brand. I’ve grown an engaged community of 14,000 people on social media who continue to support me today as an international speaker, workshop host, and brand consultant — in remission!”
Today I run a branding consultancy under www.moniquebryan.com and is the creator of Juicy Brand On-Demand 8-week accelerator helping entrepreneurs craft their story and visual identity to stand out from their competition. I show women how to clarify their messaging, build their unique brand personality and up-level their style profile so they can amplify their credibility in their industry. My motto is, “Our personal brand is all we have, so it better be juicy and delicious or don’t bother!”
Has it been a smooth road?
There had been nothing smooth about my entrepreneurship journey. I would say that going through cancer while trying to go after my dream was the hardest hurdle, but being a business and trying to scale is challenging in and of itself.
Some of the challenges I have encountered:
– Hiring team before I had the systems in place to support them
– I have to make sacrifices all the time in my “real” life because I invest a lot of my profits back into my business
– Educating myself on financials and taxes so I know how to keep the money I make
– Because I was sick I don’t have the same energy I had before – I have to pay close attention to where I extend my energy
– Although my business is 75% virtual – COVID had a big impact on the offline part of my business – we had to cancel our photoshoots, a loss of over 10K + and all my speaking engagements were cancelled and the majority of my bigger programs are secured by those who have seen me speak.
Monique Bryan Worldwide – what should we know? What do you guys do best? What sets you apart from the competition?
I do 1:1 coaching and VIP brand photoshoots for women who want a “done for you” experience. I bring over 20 years’ experience from different modalities to the table such as:
What I am most proud of as a company are the strides I have made in such a short period of time and that I have helped so many women find their purpose and go after their dreams. I can coach my clients to their dreams because I was where they are.
What sets me apart from the rest is that I am not just focusing on the aesthetics of a brand, I am focused on the individual. People may be surprised that there is a lot of life coaching that goes into the work that I do. Mindset is a big part of the process.
Let’s touch on your thoughts about our city – what do you like the most and least?
Atlanta is a vibrant city rich in culture and people.
- Website: www.moniquebryan.com
- Email: email@example.com
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/moniquebryan_co/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/JuicyBrandSquad
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/MoniquebryanTO
- Other: https://www.linkedin.com/in/moniquebryan/
Top p/c – Girls Squad Inc @GirlsquadInc
Bottom – Double Jay Collective @