Today we’d like to introduce you to Phylencia “PT” Taylor.
Phylencia “PT”, let’s start with your story. We’d love to hear how you got started and how the journey has been so far.
I grew up in upstate, New York, in Buffalo (Ruff Buff as it’s called 🙂 ). But my nomadic spirit allowed me to bounce around a bit domestically. I lived in NYC for ten years, the DMV twice and this is my second time living in Atlanta, GA. The first in undergrad at Clark Atlanta University and graduate school at American University in DC.
My career spans over a decade in government, agencies and Fortune 500 companies. I’ve produced award-winning brand work with 6-8 figure profits for corporations leading strong teams to overachieve. Although I loved what I did, I wasn’t prioritizing what was truly important to me. My career felt forced, it didn’t flow and I needed to follow my own bliss.
In 2007, I began my independent journey to pursue my own bliss as an entrepreneur. This ‘evolved’ into becoming a solopreneur and consultant, primarily within beauty companies focusing on new product development, company and product positioning as well as consulting to lead teams to execute strategic campaigns for growth. I wrote my first book in 2016, a business book, Evolving Beauty, the Business of Beauty in a New Age. I subsequently produced Evolving Beauty workshops that were engaging and well received. I knew I had something that aligned with my purpose and to help other women, it was coaching and being a catalyst. I’ve also taught for about four years as an Adjunct on a University level so sharing knowledge and education is a huge part of my purpose. Today, I’m a Certified Life & Goal Coach with a Master’s degree in Communication.
We’re always bombarded by how great it is to pursue your passion, etc – but we’ve spoken with enough people to know that it’s not always easy. Overall, would you say things have been easy for you?
Starting any new business comes with obstacles; from creating your business niche, branding, promotion and ultimately booking clients. My core growth space is non-traditional digital marketing. In addition to getting a handle on social media, placing ads, and ways to authentically reach my audience, I work with universal spirit.
The work that I do is intimate and it requires women to have a self-interest in change and a space to be vulnerable; to trust, change, and grow, believing in the coaching practice philosophy. I lead with my value, passion, and contribution to bring clarity and help women reach their goals. I’m committed to flowing, especially during COVID.
I think Rumi’s quote sums up my approach best – “What you are seeking is seeking you.” I choose to flow.
We’d love to hear more about your business.
Evolving Beauty is a Life and Goal Coaching Practice. As Chief Evolution Agent, I help women navigate life better & evolve faster. We’re all Evolving Beauties, changing & growing as women every day. I understand the journey of professionals, entrepreneurs, consultants, and artistic women. I help women gain clarity in what really matters to them, to follow their bliss to create the life they “really” want, using their own natural “superpowers.”
There are three distinct things that make my life and goal practice unique:
1. Coaching Philosophy – My practice is unique in that I use traditional coaching philosophy, GROW (1980), layered with our niche Evolving Beauty’s AHH Approach® (Taylor, 2020); Clarify Aims, Create Healthy Habits and Make Magic Happen.
2. Mindfulness – EB is infused with mindfulness tactics and tools. I’m proud to layer mindfulness into the coaching practice. Mindfulness means being aware and present of all that you do. The ability to strike a work/life balance and create sanity boundaries as you evolve into the woman of your dreams isn’t a strong western or capitalistic practice. It’s important to keep yourself strong as you follow your dreams. Peace is worth more than anything in life. Compromising yourself physically, mentally, or spiritually is not an option. Maintaining Peace is everything.
3. Evolving Beauty caters only to women, but to all women. While 75% of the EB coaching practice audience is women of color, I believe it is important to cater to all women, especially in the presence of what’s #BLM global movement If women of color don’t communicate with white women where will we meet to break barriers? If women of color don’t do it, I don’t believe it will be done. We are the same gender and have the most in common to explore identity, injustice, and systemic racism. If not us, then whom?
Evolving Beauty offers seasonal coaching courses and workshops, the next one-on-one 90-Day coaching session begins October 12, 2020.
However, our signature e-course is available now:
>>> “Crystalize Your Aims including the power module Identity Edification in honor of #BLM”. There are also optional >>> private coaching sessions should you need clarity after the modules. The official text for the course is >>> “Get What You Want” Write it Down, Make it Happen” available on Amazon.
- Website: www.evolvingbeauty.info
- Instagram: instagram.com/evolvingbeauty.info
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/EvolvingBeauty.Info/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/EvolvingBeauty1