Today we’d like to introduce you to Shantel Khleif.
Thanks for sharing your story with us Shantel. So, let’s start at the beginning and we can move on from there.
Here is a little bit more about our story and how we got started:
Has it been a smooth road?
It’s been the biggest adventure I’ve had to date and I wouldn’t change anything (mistakes and all) but by no means would I say smooth sailing. I don’t think dreaming big comes easy and I also believe that every mistake/struggle is ultimately a lesson and an opportunity to get better. That said, I’ve listed two struggles that are top of mind:
- Hiring- our best asset is truly our people. At the start, we had no formal hiring/training/firing process and we made a few mistakes hiring too quickly to fill a project need and firing too slowly. We learned very quickly the importance of our culture and finding people that would elevate the culture instead of sucking the life out of it.
- Saying no- it’s not easy at the start of any business to say no to your clients but as we continue to grow it’s extremely important to know your strengths and be comfortable saying no.
Sometimes that is turning away business and giving them a few other resources or even just setting boundaries and explaining the importance of our process.
We’d love to hear more about your business.
Imagine Media Consulting is a boutique Social Media firm and we specialize in building strong relationships online for lifestyle consumer brands and professional services through content creation, photography, videography, community management, paid social and reporting.
I’m most proud of the team and the ownership we take over all of our partners. Over 75% of our business has been word of mouth and referrals and I think that’s a true testament to how hard the team works, how much they care about our partners and their work.
There are a few things that set us apart but the biggest is that we curate and produce all of the content we’re pushing out on our partners’ social media accounts. We have an in-house creative team and have monthly photoshoots for the majority of our partners. We’re able to tell their story in an authentic way with photography/video/graphics and copy that is specific to their business and their brand.
Is our city a good place to do what you do?
Absolutely! Atlanta is growing and the ecosystem for startups is great! Here are a few of my favorite resources that I wish I knew about when I was first starting:
- Address: 696 Somerset Terrace NE Unit A
Atlanta, GA 30306
- Website: www.ImagineMediaConsulting.com
- Email: Info@ImagineMediaConsulting
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/imaginemediaconsulting/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ImagineMediaConsulting/
- Twitter: twitter.com/imaginemediacon
- Other: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCccRq4vKeoJ5QIgSpJlNDWw/videos