Today we’d like to introduce you to Kenyah Fair.
Hi Kenyah, can you start by introducing yourself? We’d love to learn more about how you got to where you are today?
Bedrock was established in 2019 after encountering a series of issues in my health. It started with my cervix. I experienced a biopsy and a miscarriage in the same year. A few months later I was diagnosed with pseudotumor cerebri (inflammation of the optic nerve). Fortunately, the health issues that derived from these experiences I learned could be treated and eventually reversed. Obviously, I realized I needed to take my health more seriously. It was from these experiences that Bedrock was born. My love for all things natural, learning about western medicine versus functional medicine and how I could use this knowledge to not only lead a healthy lifestyle but also thrive. Optimal living I like to call it. Bedrock features a series of herbal blends that caters to the mind and body.
My dad would wake me up some Saturday mornings to tend to our rock bed outside of our home. We would pull the weeds from the rock bed to maintain the health of it (you know, real plant mom-type stuff). He would refer to rock bed as the mind and the weeds as the distractions in our lives and how essential it is to our mental health to take the time to deal with the distractions. When we let the weeds overcrowd our minds, we’re guaranteed to feel the effects of it. I began to understand this parable as I grew older and saw how important it was to exercise self-care and tend to my mental health.
Can you talk to us a bit about the challenges and lessons you’ve learned along the way. Looking back would you say it’s been easy or smooth in retrospect?
Absolutely not! Lol, it has not been a smooth road. Social media encourages you to start the business but vaguely tell you about the process. It has been a mental, emotional and spiritual process for me. From self-confidence to learning from mistakes and implementing new strategies to help your business grow as well as funding!
As you know, we’re big fans of you and your work. For our readers who might not be as familiar what can you tell them about what you do?
I am a singer, creative writer, holistic enthusiast, soon-to-be herbalist and Alabama State University graduate. Before I walked into my spiritual awakening I spent time writing music (neo-soul) for myself and other artists. I was known and still known as Kenyah Nikol. I performed between Kansas City, Mo and Alabama. Every now and then I still dibble and dabble with music, but when I began to experience issues in my health and my faith began to change my intentions changed. I wanted to be well, to be sound and whole, not just for me but my son and generations to come. Now my intentions are geared towards mental health and the barriers and inequality that we as African Americans experience within the health system. Whatever my life’s work become, its foundational purpose will always be to aid others in becoming mentally, emotionally and spiritually sound.
So maybe we end on discussing what matters most to you and why?
Helping others achieve mental, emotional, and spiritual soundness. These are the keys to unlocking and living our most fulfilled life, our exact purpose and callings. We only get one life and the world is truly at our feet. We can create and become whomever and whatever we desire, but to know this, understand and become this we must do the hard work – introspection.
- 8oz -$22 Lavender- infused coffee. The First Mind Coffee Blend is a great pairing with the First Mind Tea Blend. For the coffee-lover who doesn’t need the caffeine. No jitters after drinking this cup of clarity. Medium-dark roast.
- 1.5oz – $15 The First Mind Herbal Blend is where it all started. It’s when I learned about the power of herbs. The First mind herbal blend is great for mental clarity + focus. It is the best soothing morning tea or it can be a calming nighttime tea.Hibiscus, Lemon balm(Melissa officinalis), Passionflower, Gotu Kola
- 1.5 oz – $15 Ladies, this is the tea for those days. Those days when you don’t know why you feel what you feel. Who knows. Her Wisdom is that ish! This blend stays in my arsenal for that time of the month. This tea is the perfect sip to ground yourself after a long day.Calendula, Red Raspberry leaf, Red Rooibos, Cinnamon, Rose Petals, Dandelion
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.bedrockcoffee.com
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/bedrockcoffeetea/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bedrockcoffeetea
- Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/bedrockcoffee
Chanel at Pure Collaborations Branding Photography