Today we’d like to introduce you to Ken Yu and Seven Chan.
Ken and Seven started Poke Burri in October of 2016. The two came together with Ken’s food experience and Sevens business and marketing experience to form Atlanta’s favorite Poke shop. Poke Burri is known for their poke bowls, sushi burritos and their out of the box secret menu which features things like sushi donuts, sushi corndogs, crab croquettes, sushi sandwiches and many more innovations to the form of sushi.
The story started not too long ago, both partners were tired of their previous career and wanted to branch out into new things. Ken had been in the workforce working for another food company for years while Seven has been a serial entrepreneur with his previous venture being an online vehicle cover retailer. The two both wanted a change and chance to do something special and together Poke Burri was born.
Within a few weeks of meeting, they found their current flagship location inside the We Suki Suki Foodcourt in EAV. They had 3 weeks to open the shop or lose their location so they did. With fingers crossed, breath held and nerves aside they opened and have been Atlanta’s favorite poke since.
Has it been a smooth road?
It’s been a wild ride. We both couldn’t estimate the time or work it took to run a shop of our own and we were pushing 90-hour weeks for months on our own.
We were forced into a fast learning curve, learning how to run and manage the restaurant, how to work together and try to figure out how to grow all at the same time.
It’s been stressful but rewarding and it’s been amazing to see how far we have come in such a short amount of time.
We’d love to hear more about your business.
We are known best to be the best poke in Atlanta but our other items are no slouch either. We are also famous in the city and on Instagram and Yelp for our sushi burritos, sushi donuts, sushi corndogs and other out of the box sushi creations. Our focus is to try to show people an approachable way to eat sushi in different ways. Our food is beautiful, different and delicious.
Some things that make us different…
– Our place is tiny so all of our ingredients and fish go in and out almost every day, keeping everything fresh where many sushi restaurants keep their food in the fridge for days and even up to a week.
– We push the limits of what people think about when eating sushi, our sushi donuts, corndogs and sandwiches have all won accolades or awards and are things no one has ever had before.
– We are a strong customer service based business, we guarantee you LOVE the food or your money back or well make you something else on the house.
– Most poke places are more like a Subways or Chipotle, they are fast food sushi in another form, we are true fast casual, we bring a higher standard of quality to our food and we serve/stand behind signature dishes instead of a build your own model.
Is our city a good place to do what you do?
We love East Atlanta Village. It has been a great place for us to open. We even won the best business of the month in our city for bringing in over 15000 people to this part of the city in 2017 alone.
- Anyone who mentions this article will receive 3$ off their order
- Address: 477 Flat Shoals Ave SE
- Website: POKEBURRI.com